Camps, Sports & Excursion Fund [CSEF] 2019
The Camps, Sports & Excursion Fund [CSEF] assists families with the costs of school trips, camps and sporting activities for their child/ren. Families holding a valid means-tested concession card or temporary foster parents are eligible to apply if they meet the two criteria.
Criteria 1 – Eligibility [must hold valid means tested concenssion card as at first day of term 1 or term 2 2019]
On the first day of term one (29 January 2018) or the first day of term two (18 April 2018), a parent or legal guardian of a student must:
- be an eligible beneficiary of one of these cards: Veterans Affairs Gold Card, Centrelink Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card
- OR they must be a temporary foster parent
- OR the student is 16 years or older and holds a valid concession card (such as a Youth Allowance Health Care Card)
- AND the parent or legal guardian must submit an application by the due date.
Criteria 2 – Be of school age and attend a Victorian school
Special consideration is given to:
- Families on a bridging visa, temporary protection visa, are in community detention or are asylum seeker families
- Students in out of home care
- Students in statutory kinship care
The annual CSEF amount per student will be $225 for secondary school students.
If you applied for the CSEF at this school in 2018, you will not need to complete an application form for 2019 unless there has been a change in your family circumstances.
You only need to complete an application form if any of the following changes apply to you:
- new student enrolments – your child has started or changed schools in 2019 or you did not apply at Thornbury High in 2019.
- changed family circumstances; such as a change of custody, change of name, concession card number, or new siblings commencing at the school in 2018.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 28th June, 2019 [End of term 2].