Camps, Sports & Excursion Fund [CSEF] 2020
The Camps, Sports & Excursion Fund [CSEF] assists families with the costs of school trips, camps and sporting activities for their child/ren. Families holding a valid means-tested concession card or temporary foster parents are eligible to apply if they meet the two criteria.
Criteria 1 – Eligibility [must hold valid means tested concession card as at first day of term 1 or term 2 2020]
On the first day of term one (28 January 2020) or the first day of term two (14 April 2020), a parent or legal guardian of a student must:
- be an eligible beneficiary of one of these cards: Veterans Affairs Gold Card, Centrelink Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card
- OR they must be a temporary foster parent
- OR the student is 16 years or older and holds a valid concession card (such as a Youth Allowance Health Care Card)
- AND the parent or legal guardian must submit an application by the due date.
Criteria 2 – Be of school age and attend a Victorian school
Special consideration is given to:
- Families on a bridging visa, temporary protection visa, are in community detention or are asylum seeker families
- Students in out of home care
- Students in statutory kinship care
The annual CSEF amount per student will be $225 for secondary school students.
Payments are made directly to the school and are tied to the student. Most payments start from March onwards. Applications can be received over term one and two. Payments are for the application year and cannot be claimed for previous years.
If you applied for the CSEF at this school in 2019, you will not need to complete an application form for 2020 unless there has been a change in your family circumstances.
You only need to complete an application form if any of the following changes apply to you:
- new student enrolments – your child started or changed schools in 2019 and/or you did not apply at Thornbury High in 2019.
- changed family circumstances; such as a change of custody, change of name, concession card number, or new siblings commencing at the school in 2020.
For further information and to obtain this information in different languages please visit the CSEF website CSEF on Department Of Education website
If you have any questions or are unsure about whether you received CSEF during the 2019 school year, please check with the General Office 94804066 [Option 7] or Email.
Applications must be submitted by 26 June 2020.
CSEF Application Form
Year 7 SSR CSEF Uniform Package 2020
Applications are now open for the Year 7 CSEF Uniform Package 2020.
All Year 7 students 2020 that are recipients of the Camps, Sports and Excursion Fund [CSEF] in 2019 and/or 2020 are eligible to receive the uniform package.
If your child has received CSEF at his/her primary school in 2019, you can apply now to increase your chance of receiving the package before the start of the 2020 school year. If your child did not receive CSEF this year, you can still apply next year when you lodge your CSEF application at this school.
The package includes –
- 1 x Dress or 1 x Trousers/Shorts/Skirt and 1 x Shirt (short or long sleeve)
- 1 x Pair of Shoes (Lace Up or TBar)
Shoes must be requested in UK Sizes. Sizing charts and fittings are available at the School.
An application form is attached and should be submitted to the General Office in person or via email.
When your application is approved by SSR, Carol Marsh our School’s SSR Coordinator will contact you to arrange handover of these items and/or vouchers.
If you have any queries, please contact Carol Marsh – phone 9458 6125 or email.
Applications close 27th March 2020.